Friday, 12 October 2012

Quick Update

Just a quick post today with some (very) brief thoughts on different things. All of these will probably be expanded on in later posts but here goes anywhere.

1. Once Upon A Time - Season 2
Is it just me or is this season better than the first? The show had a incredible first run but the opening two episodes this year have just gone from strength to strength. But I'm not sure if I can cope with these twists each week, (Spoiler alert) first the Enchanted Forest still exists and then Cora's back! I don't know where the writers get their twists from but I hope they keep it up.
Also Cora is definitely the Queen of Hearts (I think I just found the topic of the next Once Upon A Theory).

2. Glee Season 4.
Not too much to say about this one except I'm glad I stuck around through Season 3. Looks like Glee is finally finding it's feet again!

3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
I saw this film last night and was blown away! Unfortunately I didn't get around to reading the book beforehand (more on that later) but finally have a copy which I can't wait to read. Hopefully I'll be able to start it soon, once I've finished...

4. The Casual Vacancy
I will most definitely write a full review of this book soon but it's just taking me so long to finish. It's not that it's a bad book, it's just that nothing seems to really be happening. I'm only half way through so hopefully things will pick up but so far I'm not loving it as much as I'd hoped I would. Maybe I shouldn't have been expecting another Harry Potter and put too much anticipation on the book, but it just doesn't have the same spark and magic that Rowling's former books had.

Well, that was a quick post but I haven't really had much time to blog lately. Hopefully I'll write more thorough posts on each of these soon, my next post will probably be a full review of Te Casual Vacancy. With luck, I might just finish this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment