Wednesday, 15 August 2012

LeakyCon London

Although I've loved Harry Potter practically my whole life, I only really became active in the fandom about three years ago. This means, living in the U.K, I've never really had the chance to experience a fan convention. So, I've been ardently following any news regarding the planned 'Alohomora 2013' and 'LeakyCon 2013' (just in case it came to London).I wasn't sure which I'd go to. Alohomora, Leaky or both.

When Leaky released their riddles last week and announced that they'd be heading to Portland, I thought the decision was made for me and I was all set, ready and excited for Alohomora's announcement on Sunday. But then Twitter completely took me by surprise with a tweet from Leaky announcing their first con in London.

 Between squeals of excitement I thought to myself "Wow, conventions are just like buses. Wait years for one and two come at once" and decided to watch Alohomora's announcement before making any decisions. My reaction was something along the lines of this: "OH MY GOD! Alohomora is also Leaky so I can go to both! I'm so excited! I can't wait until next August!" etc. My family were not impressed.

I've even managed to find someone to go with. Now I just need to make sure I have enough money when registration opens in a few weeks. Shouldn't be a problem.

On a completely related note, I'm really hoping there's a fan trip to the Studio Tour. I would love to explore the sets and props with fellow fans (and I haven't been yet). Oh, and Starkid. Always Starkid.

No comments:

Post a Comment