Thursday, 19 July 2012

Some (very) brief thoughts on the Emmy nominations

Before I start saying my thoughts I should probably admit, that living in England, I haven't seen all of these series so my opinion is probably widely inaccurate. However I still have some thoughts on a couple of categories I thought I'd share with the world.

So, my first reaction to the Drama nominations was... I need to watch my drama. I am not lying when I say that I haven't seen any of the series nominated. The only one nomination I can judge is Uma Thurman's nomination for Smash. Thinking about it the only Dramas I watch are Sherlock and Once Upon A Time leading into my next point...

Where were all the nominations for Once Upon A Time? I don't know how well it's been received critically in America but it's definitely one of the best (and I'd argue the best) programme on TV. At the very least I thought Robert Carlyle would get a nomination and I think many more of the actors deserved a nod. Although as long as Once gets the award for costume design I'll be happy, Eduardo Castro truly earned it.

I really hope Smash wins the award for best original song. 'Let Me Be Your Star' has become one of my favourite songs since I heard it in the Pilot, but I'm surprised some of the other songs ('I Never Met A Wolf' specifically) didn't get a nomination.

Now a few thoughts on actors. I hope Dot Marie Jones wins for 'Outstanding Guest in a Comedy'. I know Glee doesn't get the critical acclaim it once did, but her performance in the show was amazing. Benedict Cumberbatch should win, although I'm not sure why 'A Scandal in Belgravia' was the Sherlock episode put forward. I found 'The Reichenbach Fall' was much better. Lastly I'd love Zooey Deschanel to win for lead comedy actress as I love her in New Girl and Sofia Vergara for supporting. I loved the number of nomination Modern Family has in 'Outstanding Supporting Actor in a comedy'!

Just a few of my thoughts on the nominations with my limited experience with the nominations, probably not right though.

No comments:

Post a Comment